Oops...ran out of time and wasn't able to accomplish most of my goals for last week. Funny - when I wrote them I thought they would be so easy!! This is why I need to start following more time management blogs.
But I had a really good week anyway. This weekend was a lot of fun. Went to a CAbi party on Friday at Courtney's house. Very fun! I spent a little too much money but I'm excited about my purchases. I think a couple of thing will be spring spring staples...if spring ever happens! On Saturday Abigail and I drove to Ann Arbor to watch Anna's robotics competition. I'm so glad we did it. I had no idea what to expect but it was such a cool thing to watch. I'm not even going to try to describe it here but I'm so happy that Anna has found such a great activity and I have a feeling it's going to help make her very successful in the years to come. After the trip to Ann Arbor we had our parenting group birthday party at Gymboree. This could have been fun but poor little Abigail just wasn't feeling it. At one point she even laid down on the playmat and almost fell asleep. We still stayed for most of the party but finally took her home. Good thing we did - turns out she had a 103 fever. Oops! But nothing a good night sleep couldn't cure.
I know what you're thinking...Megan, you were active all weekend? Well, I was supposed to be. We were supposed to have the Heckers over for a game day but ended up cancelling because of Abigail's fever. So we spent the rest of the day cooking, cleaning and - most importantly - relaxing. I plan on waking up tomorrow feeling very refreshed!
This week brought some hits and misses in my culinary attempts. On Wednesday (or maybe Thursday - can't remember) I made pork carnitas. Pretty gutsy of me because I used pork shoulder (or pork butt) for the first time. Super fatty but delish!!! And I got to use my favorite kitchen item - my orange Le Creuset Dutch oven. How can you not be happy when you've got an orange pot cooking yummy pork goodness on the stove?
In anticipation of the game day that didn't happen I attempted to make some yummy treats. The first treat I made turned out pretty well. I made chocolate dipped pretzel sticks with sprinkles. It took a little while to figure out how to not drip candy coating everywhere but how can you not have something "chocolate dripped" be a little messy? They turned out really fun and Gary LOVED them!
I also made a pesto dip. This was from a recipe I found in a magazine somewhere. It was just a few ingredients - yogurt, may and pesto. It was good. Not great. Needed some more pesto because it didn't have enough oompf (oompf is a word, right?).
But the pesto dip had way more oompf than the horrible blue cheese snacks I attempted. I was so excited about these...I thought they were going to be blue cheese pillows of heaven. But they did not turn out at all. They didn't rise, tasted a little burnt and had very little blue cheese flavor (even though the cheese I used was pretty strong). The frustrating part was that I couldn't figure out what I did wrong. But not to worry...there are too many recipes out there for me to waste time on one that was a DUD!
Goal time. Since I wan't too successful in meeting my goals last week I'm just going to reuse all the same ones for this week. I don't want to have to write this for a third week in a row so I'm going to use this paragraph as motivation for this coming week. Time to kick into gear!!
No comments:
Post a Comment