Some days are longer than others. When we lived in NYC I used to work from home all the time. I work best when I'm in my pajamas (yes, I know anyone who gives advice about working from home says to get dressed every day but it's just not me). I was very productive sitting on the couch listening to the classic NYC combination of sirens and screaming. Even when I was in the office I was surrounded by noise (one colleague in particular could be heard gossiping and giggling throughout the building).
But now I work from home EVERYday. I am amazed at how quiet it gets. The mean streets of Birmingham, Michigan don't really get as noisy as W. 77th Street & Columbus Avenue. I wish I could say that things get better when I pick Abigail up from daycare but she's not quite the conversationalist yet. I guess I should be patient. She is only a year old and the extent of her vocabulary is "doggy" and "all done." By the time Gary gets home I'm dying for adult conversation but my mood has also soured because I've gone so long without it.
I'm not really complaining...I love that I get to work from home everyday. Just need to figure out how to add a little happy noise to my day-to-day!
No comments:
Post a Comment